- Any resident of Washington, Greene, and Fayette County may register for a free card;
- A verifiable written form of identification, including current permanent address, is needed to apply for a library card;
- Children under 16 are eligible for a library card with parental signature and identification;
- Resident students attending a Washington County college may register for a 1 year library card with proper student identification;
- Library cards are renewed every 3 years;
- Library cards are not transferable;
- Non-residents of Washington, Greene, and Fayette County are welcome to
- Use their Access PA Library Card
- Register by paying an annual fee;
- Lost or damaged cards are replaced for a $1 fee.
- You must bring your library card in order to check items out or to use the public internet computers
Borrowing and Returning
- Most materials may be borrowed for 14 days;
- DVD's may be borrowed for 1 week;
- Current periodicals are not available for loan;
- Items may be renewed at the Library, by telephone (724-222-2400 ext. 222), or online up to 2 times;
- Items may be returned inside the Library or at the Book Drop in the parking lot;
- PLEASE NOTE: loan periods for currently popular and non-book items may vary;
- Long-term loans are available upon request.
- 20 cents ($0.20) a day for a maximum of $5.00;
- $1 a day with a maximum of $5 for DVD's.
- 20 cents ($0.20) a day with a maximum of $5 for paperbacks and periodicals.
- 20 cents ($0.20) a day for children's books with a maximum of $5.00.
- Items not currently available may be reserved at the Customer Service Desk or Online;
- Notification will be made by telephone;
- After notification, the item will be held at the Customer Service Desk for 7 days.
Inter-Library Loans (ILL)
- Materials not owned by Citizens Library may be available from other libraries;
- Requests for these materials can be made through the ILL desk at 724-222-2400 Ext. 225 or at the Customer Service Desk;
- PLEASE NOTE:
- a minimum of 1-3 weeks may be necessary for requested materials to be received;
- renewals are not permitted on ILL items;
- current items and historical, genealogical, or reference materials are usually not available from other libraries.
- Internet computers are available to the public through the Reference Department;
- Users MUST bring their library card OR computer user card in order to use the computer;
- Users are asked to sign an internet agreement;
- Users under 18 must have the policy validated by a parent or guardian; in the Children's Dept. they must have a parent/legal guardian stay with them;
- Free WiFi service is also available;
- On-line databases are available through the library on site or from home--see our "Electronic Resources" section for further information.
Memorial and Honorary Books
- Memorial/honorary donations for books or to the general fund are available: contact the Customer Service Desk (ext. 222);
- Items are marked with a gift plate;
- See the "Donate" page for a form that can be printed and sent to the Library.
- Printing prepared work: 20 cents ($0.20) a page.
- No color copies; Black and White only
- Prepay at Circulation Desk
- A copy machine is available at 15 cents (&0.15) per page.
- A public fax is available during library hours at the Customer Service Desk;
- Cost for a fax is $1.00 per page to send or receive (in continental U.S.).
- Meeting rooms of various sizes, some with kitchen facilities, are available to civic and cultural organizations for a fee;
- For bookings and further information call extension 230 or email
- Display space is available for exhibits by local clubs, hobby groups, collectors, and schools;
- For bookings and further information contact Cindy (724-222-2400 ext. 236).